Sunday, June 22

I've been Tagged

I have been TAGGED by Christi -- go visit her, she is such a sweetie.

The "rules" of the game: Each player answers the questions about themselves. At the end of the post, the player then tags 5 people and posts their names, then goes to their blogs and leaves them a comment, letting them know they’ve been tagged and asking them to read your blog. Let the person who tagged you know when you’ve posted your answer.


Ten years ago:
Ten years ago I only had 1 child. We were thinking about having another one, but decided against it. Then God decided that I did need another child, and then I was pregnant with Brandon. God definitely has a sense of humor.

I am one of those people that plans EVERYTHING. People that know me think it is funny how both of my children were "surprises". With Justin I was on the pill, but 13 years ago they did not tell you that antibiotics cancel out the pill. So I was 11 weeks along in my pregnancy before it even occurred to me that I could possible be with child. In 1998 we were using other protection, but that did not work either -- and we had Brandon.

When I tell this story it reminds me of one time when we all were having dinner with my Grandfather. We were all telling how we planned or didn't plan the children that we have. My Grandfather was one of the quiet people. He didn't say much, but when he did speak everyone paid attention. He just reminded us that in "his time" people didn't plan to have or not have children they just thanked God for every blessing that he bestowed. Smart man huh?

Five things in today’s to do list:
1. Do the tutorial for the gift bags.
2. Rearrange Justin's Room
3. Grocery Shopping
4. Pick Brandon up from his sleepover with Hannah.
5. Pack lunches for 1st day of camp (tomorrow).

Snacks I enjoy:
Normally everyone puts chocolate here, but I am one of those weird people that does not like chocolate. Like Christi, I LOVE fresh fruit. I also like pretzels.

Things I would do if I was a millionaire:
The kids college fund would be number 1 on the list. Then pay off every one's bills, included ours of course. I would quit work, and do stamping and crafting. Hubby would quit work and become a full time fisherman. Then I would concentrate on a few charity organizations. Oh -- and I would offer CANDY every week on my site -- LOL.

Places I have lived:
I have always lived in Maryland, except for when I was in school -- then I lived in north-west PA.


Here are the people that I am tagging:
1. Allison (Stampin' When I Can)
2. Jen (Pieces of Me)
3. Teri (BIG ideas from a little girl)
4. Flossie (Flossie's Follies)
5. Melissa (Simply Pink)

I am not a very exciting person, I hope you weren't too bored reading this!!!

11 Comments:

Teri said...

Hey Corie! I'm not a very exciting person too, but I will try my best on this tag...hugs to you!

Little C's Creations said...

hello dear... thanks for the tag - and thanks for sharing these info about YOU. I especially love the story about your grand daddy.

big hugs,
Jen

Alex said...

It was fun reading - hah! I got pregnant on the pill too for the very same reason BUT I had gone off it when we decided to have my first...little did we know, I was already eight weeks along! *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

Becky G said...

I love these kind of tags. I get to learn a little bit more about who you are. I loved your grandpa story. I love his wisdom!

Christi Flores said...

Thanks for playing along. I'm not a big tag person but this one seemed simple and fun. I loved the story about your grandfather...awesome!

Michelle said...

Corie,

You and I have a lot in common! Not just the creative side! I have a 23 year old daughter who is living proof of antibiotics vs the pill and the pill losing! LOL! I also don't care for chocolate - much! It's just a little sign to the family that if Mom is eating chocolate - run! LOL! It's PMS and the 2 headed monster is coming out! LOL!
I totally enjoy your blog! Thanks for always sharing!

kathleenh said...

I enjoyed reading your comments Corie. You're plenty interesting!

Misty said...

Very interesting. I can't imagine what it's like to have lived EAST all of my life! TFS.
Misty

Paula said...

Not boring at all, Corie. It's fun to get to "know" a little about you. I have 3 children, none of them were planned. All were "oops" babies, LOL>

Heather said...

I didn't know you are from Maryland!
I know many "antibiotic" babies ;) Our daughter was a huge surprise for us!

Cheryl KVD said...

Thanks for sharing! It is fun to get to know you better!
Cheryl