Thursday, January 14

WT253 & SC263

Here is another Sympathy card, I am almost done filling up my stash. I hope I am not depressing you with all these sympathy cards, and my whining yesterday -- sorry.


Yesterday I said that my sketch challenge card was not meant to be? (You can see the post here) Well, I guess I lied. I check the Way to Use It Challenge on SCS this morning, and guess what -- the challenge was to use birds. I guess God wanted me to try this card again, this is my card for the sketch challenge and the way to use it challenge. It is not exactly what I did yesterday, but it is as close as I could get with the limited amount of Bella Bleu DP that I have left.

I stamped my bird with Chocolate Chip Craft ink, then embossed it with clear embossing powder. I colored in my image with markers and blender pen. I don't know whether you can see the branch very well, but I liked how it turned out. I colored the bottom with close to cocoa, the top with creamy caramel, and then filled in with blush blossom. I blended it all with my blender pen.

Stamps: Friends 24-7, sentiment
Paper: Chocolate Chip, Brocade Blue, Whisper White, Bella Bleu DP
Inks: Chocolate Chip (craft and classic), Brocade Blue, Old Olive, Creamy Caramel, Close to Cocoa, Blush Blossom, Bordering Blue
Extras: Cuttle bug, Nesties & shapeabilities, sponges, Chocolate Taffeta ribbon, button, clear embossing powder, heat gun, blender pen

3 Comments:

3treescreations@gmail.com said...

Just beautiful.

Joy said...

this is a beautiful sympathy card. I need to make a few...so sad to have to...but its the circle of life. I need to make pretty ones like yours. have a great end of the week.

Allison Rankin said...

This is so elegant Corie...I love your addiction to this DP!